Certificate 3 Guarantee
What is a Certificate 3 Guarantee?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Program is a Queensland Government initiative that provides a training subsidy to eligible students.
What Qualifications are available?
Specialised Career Solutions are a Pre-Qualified supplier, and are able to offer the following qualifications:
- CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations
- BSB3015 Certificate III in Business
- CPC30313- Certificate III in Concreting
What are the benefits?
You will receive subsidised training (Queensland Government Funded) for one certificate level III qualification of your choice to increase your employment opportunities. If you need to develop skills before undertaking a certificate III course, you may be eligible to undertake study in language, literacy and numeracy programs as well as certificate I and II qualifications that lead to the certificate III.
Why choose Specialised Career Solutions for my Certificate 3 Guarantee?
SCS promotes quality, industry relevant training and has the experience and industry network to provide you with the skills you need to succeed in today’s job market. SCS promotes a number of services including a library, career counselling, disability support and a wide range of other student support services to assist students to achieve the outcome they are seeking.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee students must:
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or are no longer at school
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen permanently living in Queensland
- Not hold a certificate III or higher qualification from 1 July 2013. This includes any equivalent certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification was completed as part of a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship. However, a certificate level III qualification completed while at secondary school does not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
- Employment status does not matter.
I am a continuing student; does the Certificate 3 Guarantee affect me?
No, as a continuing student, the previous government funding that you were eligible for at the time of your enrolment is still current.
What if I already have a certificate III or higher level qualification?
If you already hold a certificate level III or higher qualification that was gained prior to 1 July 2013, the Certificate 3 Guarantee is not applicable to your training. However, you are still able to enroll in your desired course under a non-subsidised, fee for service charge.
Am I required to contribute to the cost of my training?
Refer to the student handbook for fees and charges
Are my licence fees included in the training costs?
No, These are a separate fee payable to the Office of Fair Trading.
Who is a Concessional Student?
The following students are entitled to concessions:
- Students (or their partner or guardian) who hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students;
- school students enrolled in a VETiS program;
- students with a disability;
Download the Student Handbook for more information on Certificate 3 Guarantee Programs.
Click Here to visit the Department of Education and Trainings Certificate 3 Guarantee information website.